Friday, December 18, 2009

Double Feature

I didn't get to read much yesterday, having seen a double feature of A Single Man and The Bad Lieutenant: Port of Call New Orleans. Scott and I snuck into the Chicago "Queer Film Society's" secret showing of A Single Man. The man who introduced it promised "surprises" for those who had read the novel, so now I have to drop everything and read Christopher Isherwood's novel--especially if one of those surprises was the film's totally unsatisfactory ending.

The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest is going rather more slowing than I'd like, in large part because Lisbeth is stuck in the hospital unable to aid in her own defense. All the wonderful hacking that we've grown used to is missing in the first half of the book. I'm pretty sure, though, that Mikael is about to find a way to sneak her computer in, so that should liven things up.

No comments:

Post a Comment